Skip to main content

Liebster Award aka JAMB Qs/As

I was pleasantly surprised to be tagged by Thecla for this award in September *face palm*. Even though it's been close to two months but I owe it to Thecla to do this, already gave my world I'd respond.

You don't know Thecla? She's a beautiful woman of faith who blogs over at This Favored Woman. Her posts are always so enriching and refreshing, so why don't you go over to her site and say hello to her from me?

This award is actually a first for me and I should probably give a speech or something...y'all know how it's done, right? You hold the mic and chants OMG for a while and then launch into some long or short speech as the 'spirit' leads...then you dedicate your award to some lovely people in your life...



Seriously, I'm honored and pleasantly surprised...I've 'said' that before, right?

So one of the rules is to link back to the person who tagged you and that has been achieved up there. Then you answer 11 JAMB questions, nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them.



Here we go...

1. What is your favorite post on my blog? 

I love every post on Thecla's blog as they are always fresh and inspiring. It's really hard to pick a favorite.

2. What inspired you to start blogging? 

Even though I had always loved writing but I started blogging in 2012 at a very low point in my life; things were going downhill at work and I considered leaving but was talked into taking some time off to unwind and reflect before taking the big step. To cut a long story short, I needed an outlet for my feelings and that birthed the Ramblings of A Nigerian Workahomom. When I was much younger, I wrote some short stories for my mum and I remember I also kept a diary where I wrote stuffs until I got into trouble one day...with mum. That's an entire blog post on its own.

3. The most interesting place I have been to and why?

Yankari Game Reserve in Bauchi State!
I visited towards the end of my youth service corps year, I 'served' in Adamawa State and I will always remember that beautiful place. Yankari Game Reserve is still the closest I've been to nature, I didn't want to leave after 3 days..lol. So beautiful and serene, I could pitch my tent there.

I weep inwardly whenever I think about what insurgency has turned both states to. So sad.

4. What advise would you have given yourself five years ago?

Hmm...I would have told my younger self not to worry about every little thing as God has a way of taking care of His own. I would have told my younger self to pursue her dreams as if tomorrow would not come and I would have told her that shit happens even in the least expected places.

5. Blogs I visit on a daily basis?

I have my favorite blogs which are: this Favored Woman (of course..lol), Sykik, Salt Chronicles, New Dawn, Sew Many Ways, Chuwechuwe, Toinlicious, Enchanting Rose, He Has MS, Kelle Hampton, but I would be lying if I 'say' I visit daily. Sometimes it's so difficult and impractical for me to keep up daily.

6. What is the most adventurous thing I've ever done?

My younger self has been involved in some stuffs like going to 'illegal midnight' party in secondary school (boarding house) or traveling out of town (without parental consent) with friends to attend a party in another state, but I dunno whether such stunts pass as adventurous or just plain youthful exuberance, disobedience and mischief. I've done some crazy stuffs, I know.

Ok, I give up cos I don't remember any adventurous quest for now.

7. Name one person who inspires you and why.

I read the Salt Chronicles a lot and though I've never met this amazing woman but she inspires me in more ways than one.

8. What is your most memorable moment?

The day I beheld the tiny wonder that came out of my 'hole'...holding my first son for the first time could easily pass for my most memorable moment, seriously.

9. The biggest challenge ever faced by me.

The biggest challenge would be coordinating two very active departments together at work, pursuing my Masters degree while maintaining the home-front without 'help'. Too many balls to juggle at the same time, abi? It has been my biggest challenge and it still is. 

10. If you could eat anything you wanted from any restaurant in the world, what would it be?

Eba + Ogbono elemi meje...hot...lol...add grilled fish as a side dish and you've got me hooked....I can be veeery bush like that...no vex. Though I would rather not have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner but it's a winner for me, anytime.

11. What is your favorite quote?

Life is what you make of it.

Phew *wiping brow*...One down, two more to go...

Up Next: 20 Random Facts...

Comments

  1. thank you for finally answering the JAMB questions . lol.
    I had so much fun reading through and getting to know more about what drives you.
    Thumbs up for holding your home down "without help" and still chasing the masters degree. Mehn, You deserve an award.
    Babes, we need to hang out on top this grilled fish matter. lol.
    thanks for being the compassionate woman you are .
    Hugs and Kisses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: 15mins Easy Peasy Wrap Skirt

6 years ago when hubby-to-be and I decided to take that bold leap, I went hunting for the right material to make a nice outfit for our *introduction program and soon made me a nice skirt and blouse for the 'do'. Fast forwarded to 2013, my dress size understandably changed from 6 (yes I was a sz 6) to 10 and there was no other option than to give out my much loved outfit to someone who is slimmer. Only hitch being that the scarf went into hiding at the time I gave it away only to resurface last week from its hiding place deep within the closet.

Superheroes R Us..

  Totally unrelated to superheroes but it's what we're watching as I type this So we love Spiderman...Superman...Hulk as much as we love Old Trafford. It's official. Because I belong to an all-boys clan and if you can't beat them.... *sigh*...

Life is a beach...really

So this year got off to a very good start for me with lots of motivation packed into my 'big' frame. Hoping and praying to sail through the same way I started...you know...crossed over to 2014 with lots of prayers for a good year, then had lots of good heavy food (really tempted to take pictures of my culinary exploits and share here...but no thanks...). Talking about food, I did something weird...a post for another day, if I ever get round to it. Then I left Hubby and the kids alternating between Disney Junior and CNN and just crashed on the bed for some well deserved rest.Oh sweet, blissful rest.