Skip to main content

From The Heart of A Toddler

 

I go to bed every night with smiles playing on my lips and I personally don't think there can be anything cuter or more inspiring than a 'special' nighttime prayer, consistently from the innocent heart of a 4year old boy.

You don't agree? Ok check this scenario out.

In Jesus Name

Nobody will die in Jesus name
Fire will not burn our house in Jesus name
Fire will not burn my school in Jesus name
Fire will not burn my TV in Jesus name
Fire will not burn my toy..*insert name one after the other*.. in Jesus name
Mummy will not die in Jesus name
Mummy's head will not ache in Jesus name
Daddy will not die in Jesus name
Daddy will not have accident in Jesus name
D2....*randomly insert friends, uncles and aunties names one after the other*...will not die in Jesus name
Eeeeeeeverybody will not die in Jesus name
Allow us to have food in Jesus name
Allow my friends to have food in Jesus name
Don't allow me to wee wee on my bed in Jesus name
Allow me to be good in Jesus name
Allow me to have a baby girl in Jesus name
Scary ojuju will not come to my dream in Jesus name
In Jesus mighty name we pray
Amen.
Praaaaaaaise the Lord

'Mummy its your own turn'
And mummy starts praying trying hard not to allow the quiet smiles progress into laughter.

God sure hears and understands all and He can do exceedingly abundantly more than even a four year old could ever ask or imagine according to His will.

Have a blessed day people.


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Toin...thought I was biased..lol

      Delete
  2. So innocent, so touching... It's great that you're training your child to pray at this age. Well done!
    www.greenbiro.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kind of prayer point he raises sometimes...the innocence is amazingly cute and thanks for stopping by too.

      Delete
  3. aaaaawwwww....this is expressway prayer to Jesus.....no delay....no waiting ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abi now, it's straight to the heavens...no traffic jam...no pothole

      Delete
  4. I am sure it sounds like sweetness to God's ears like it does to mine right now. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting...I'm sure God smiles too every time He listen to his prayers..

      Delete
  5. So precious. I love hearing kids pray and I think God smiles when he hears them too. :) Have a blessed Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Madison. You cannot but smile when they pray.

      Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  6. Hi dear Abiola! Such a sweet post. My heart is always blessed when I listen to my son pray :)

    Thank you for your thoughtful comments on my blog - you are a blessing.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie.

      Hugging you right back.

      Delete
  7. So cute, so sweet!!! Got me laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Eya...doubt you'd be able to keep the laughter in if you are around him during those sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looool! Too cute! He prayed specially for the TV and all his toys? And against Ojuju? I think he covered all the bases. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes o, he really does cover all the bases like that during his 'quiet times'...lol.

      Thanks for stopping by, Relentless Builder.

      Delete
  10. LOL I almost thought it was prayer time at my house.... the kids sha! Thanks for stopping by at mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe yours and mine should come together to start a ministry...lol...kids are alike in so many ways you know...thanks for stopping by and it was my pleasure visiting you too.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  11. Awww such a cute prayer, that's why God wants us to be like children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fashion Rehab.

      The world would be a better place if we all could be like dem kids.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  12. That's lovely prayer from an innocent heart! I was so moved! It's great training the kids in such Godly ways. They won't forget even when they are old. Thanks for stopping by blog and leaving your lovely comment Abi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: 15mins Easy Peasy Wrap Skirt

6 years ago when hubby-to-be and I decided to take that bold leap, I went hunting for the right material to make a nice outfit for our *introduction program and soon made me a nice skirt and blouse for the 'do'. Fast forwarded to 2013, my dress size understandably changed from 6 (yes I was a sz 6) to 10 and there was no other option than to give out my much loved outfit to someone who is slimmer. Only hitch being that the scarf went into hiding at the time I gave it away only to resurface last week from its hiding place deep within the closet.

Superheroes R Us..

  Totally unrelated to superheroes but it's what we're watching as I type this So we love Spiderman...Superman...Hulk as much as we love Old Trafford. It's official. Because I belong to an all-boys clan and if you can't beat them.... *sigh*...

Life is a beach...really

So this year got off to a very good start for me with lots of motivation packed into my 'big' frame. Hoping and praying to sail through the same way I started...you know...crossed over to 2014 with lots of prayers for a good year, then had lots of good heavy food (really tempted to take pictures of my culinary exploits and share here...but no thanks...). Talking about food, I did something weird...a post for another day, if I ever get round to it. Then I left Hubby and the kids alternating between Disney Junior and CNN and just crashed on the bed for some well deserved rest.Oh sweet, blissful rest.