Skip to main content

Test Your Mental Alertness (II)


About a year ago, I posted this fun brainteasers which would soon become one of the most viewed post so much that I decided to do a part 2. (Call it the Nigerian factor...seen too many Nollywood movies)
A sister actually sent this to me and I am generous enough to share here so you may try it free and thank me later. lol. 

Test Your mental Alertness (Pt II)
This test has reportedly been in existence for 50 years or more and has been accurate in testing intelligence. You may even have come across this before but no real harm in trying again.

I read Bill Gates scored 3 on his first attempt. See? You don't have to be scared to try more than once. And then if you score above 3, you'ld actually have something to brag about, no? 

Oya let's go there...


 To the brainteasers:

1)  What relation is your niece's brother to you?
2)  How many birthdays does the average man have?
3)  Some months have 31 days, how many have 28?
4)  Is it legal for a man in Nigeria to marry his widow's sister?
5)  Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer?
6)  If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have ? 
7)  A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half hour, how many minutes would the pills last?
8)  A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left?
9)  How many males and how many female animals did Moses take on the ark?
10) How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen?
11) You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?
12) Very tricky maths! Note: This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.
Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?
13) Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter? 


Finished? Very easy questions, right?

Now scroll down for the answers...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

ANSWERS

Question 1: What relation is your niece's brother to you?
      Answer: Nephew      (Very simple, right?)

Question 2: How many birthdays does the average man have?
      Answer: Just one!    
  
Question 3: Some months have 31 days; how many have 28?
      Answer: 12 - all of them.
     
Question 4: Is it legal for a man in Scotland to marry his widow's sister?
      Answer: No - (he is dead, remember?)   
  
Question 5: Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer?
     Answer: 70 (30  divided by 1/2 = 60 and not 15...)

Question 6: If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?
      Answer: 2 (you took them and have them with you, remember?)   
  
Question 7: A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half hour.
      How many minutes would the pills last?
      Answer: 60 (Start with the 1st pill, 30 minutes later take  the 2nd, then 30 minutes later take the 3rd pill. That makes 60minutes and not 90))

Question 8: A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are  left?
      Answer: 9  (Did you actually subtract 9 from 19?)   

Question 9: How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?
     Answer: Zero (Noah was the one who built an ark in the bible, not Moses)     

Question 10: How many fifty naira stamps are there in a dozen?
      Answer: 12 - There are twelve fifty naira stamps in a dozen!   
   
Question 11: You are participating in a race and you overtake the second person. What position are you in?
      Answer: 2nd position (If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are second, abi?) 

Question 12: Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?
      Answer: 4100  (Did you get 5000? The correct answer is actually 4100.
      Don't believe it? Check with your calculator!)  
   
Question 13: Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono.
      What is the name of the fifth daughter?
      Answer: Nunu? NO! Of course not. Her name is Mary.


Have a beautiful mentally alert week people.

Cheers.




Comments

  1. I've seen this before and i still don't understand number 5 :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toin, you will pay me for this lil tutorial o...

      30 / 1/2 = 30*2/1 = 60....60+10=70....
      30/2 = 15

      Thanks for trying, Sis but you forgot to disclose your score sa..*wink*

      Delete
  2. I scored 5.......so I know book pass Bill Gates...hehehehehehee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay...up efico Sykik, you try no be small...*high five*

      Thanks for stopping by, for trying and for disclosing...lol

      Delete
  3. I scored 7 but that #5 confused me so much my workmate had to help explain it to me smh. As for the birthdays of an average man, I was so far off the mark its hilarious. I enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...

      Should have added 'no collaboration allowed' to the instructions...

      Thanks for visiting and trying this, C.

      Delete
  4. fun post! see me answering like its a do or die affair. lol... some were very confusing sha, but I enjoyed it all the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Priscy.

      You should have seen me attacking the questions with zest first time I tried...lol

      Glad you enjoyed this.

      Delete
  5. A fun post, I was just staring at it like it was jamb lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear Abiola! It is so good to stop by and say hello :) How have you been, sweet lady?

    I thoroughly enjoyed this brain teaser.... my brain definitely needs it! haha I got some right and I certainly got some wrong.

    I hope you are well, friend! Take care. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: 15mins Easy Peasy Wrap Skirt

6 years ago when hubby-to-be and I decided to take that bold leap, I went hunting for the right material to make a nice outfit for our *introduction program and soon made me a nice skirt and blouse for the 'do'. Fast forwarded to 2013, my dress size understandably changed from 6 (yes I was a sz 6) to 10 and there was no other option than to give out my much loved outfit to someone who is slimmer. Only hitch being that the scarf went into hiding at the time I gave it away only to resurface last week from its hiding place deep within the closet.

Superheroes R Us..

  Totally unrelated to superheroes but it's what we're watching as I type this So we love Spiderman...Superman...Hulk as much as we love Old Trafford. It's official. Because I belong to an all-boys clan and if you can't beat them.... *sigh*...

Life is a beach...really

So this year got off to a very good start for me with lots of motivation packed into my 'big' frame. Hoping and praying to sail through the same way I started...you know...crossed over to 2014 with lots of prayers for a good year, then had lots of good heavy food (really tempted to take pictures of my culinary exploits and share here...but no thanks...). Talking about food, I did something weird...a post for another day, if I ever get round to it. Then I left Hubby and the kids alternating between Disney Junior and CNN and just crashed on the bed for some well deserved rest.Oh sweet, blissful rest.