Skip to main content

Goodbye 2014...of Mixed Blessings

 

In a couple of hours -some 25+ hours actually, the curtain would drop on 2014 as we usher in the new year.

I mean in a little more than a day, 2014 will be forever submerged in the sands of time. Forever sealed up in the history books as we eagerly unwrap our newest gift with childlike glee.

And 2015 will be opened up before us- beautiful, fresh, clean and new. Untouched. Ochara. Tear-rubber. *insert smiley*

Ain't we all always excited at the prospect of new gifts? I sure am.

And today, I take a moment to look back and all I can offer is a heart of thanksgiving to Baba God on high for how far He has brought us all.

Indeed, I am eternally grateful for all the blessings, mercies, favors, provisions I enjoyed in 2014 and also for being blessed with wonderful friends such as you. 

'Talking' about YOU, I still marvel at how our lives have come to be entwined in this 'online-meets-real-life space'.

Sometimes..no, scratch that...most times...every-time I come on here or interact with you through other medium, you feel real. Through my inconsistencies, you are always there. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxooxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo..
Tired, yet?

You are real, to me even though we only meet and uniquely touch one anothers lives here, across these screens that divide. You rock! 

I am indeed thankful for you...that we made it together through 2014.

I pray that as you step into the new year, you shall have everything anew...blessings, enablement, happiness, victory, grace, opportunities and possibilities. Your present challenges, if any, shall be turned to testimonies...and soon, too. Amen.


2014 has been one helluva year. It's been a wonderful mix of grace, celebrations, promotions, stress, blessings, favors and grief in many quarters. 

Terrorism still thrives the world over, accidents occurred and countless lives were lost to cancer and other terrible diseases. May the families that are grieving be divinely comforted. May their ashes be replaced with beauty and may they have the oil of gladness in place of their mourning. Amen.

Regardless of all, I am thankful for being here and for all we were able to achieve collectively and individually thus far and for the new possibilities, endlessly open before us in 2015. (For my Yoruba frineds, b'a o ku, ise o tan...)

I am grateful for all I was able to do...and didn't do...as I prepare to wipe the slate clean...and make new plans, set new goals as I resolve to BE BETTER in the new year.

You know that cliche about leaving 'good behind'? I'm borrowing it here.

I'm leaving good behind with 2014 and aiming to be better in 2015.

That's all the 'resolution' I'm making for the new year.

BE. BETTER.

Better in everything.
Be a better mum...a better wife...a better leader...a better boss...a better subordinate...a better daughter...a better sister...a better friend...a better neighbour...a better aunt...a better entrepreneur...a better writer...

So I am bracing myself up for the fresh prospects and challenges that comes with being 'better', pulling out new calendars, sharpening my pencils and bringing out fresh notebooks to draw and fine-tune new plans.

Do you do new year resolutions? Would like to know, seriously. It's personal, I know...still...

It really feels so good to have another opportunity to start anew and I am seriously rooting for me...and YOU.

I'm mentally on the side lines cheering myself on so loudly...and I'm also positioning myself to be your biggest cheer-leader too. Your dreams have no choice than to come true in 2015..in accordance with His will.

Let's go do it...

Goodbye 2014, Welcome 2015.

Comments

  1. Happy new year to you and your family sistah :D

    P.s Didn't see the update in my blog-roll...whats going on with blogspot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you same. Family nko?

      Don't understand blogspot anymore...been on for a while, updates no longer reflect...

      Wish you a very happy and prosperous 2015.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, dearest Abiola! May your year be full of God's sweet grace and His precious blessings.

    I am so thankful to know you through blogging and I am looking forward to another year of your wonderful posts. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Stephanie.

      I appreciate you, always and I also look forward to a great and beautiful year for us all.

      Delete
  3. Very well... It's a dawn of a new year and a privilege to write our names in gold by being better in all aspects of life.. Thanks for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting...and for being better...at visiting and leaving your 'imprints'...lol

      See you around, friend.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: 15mins Easy Peasy Wrap Skirt

6 years ago when hubby-to-be and I decided to take that bold leap, I went hunting for the right material to make a nice outfit for our *introduction program and soon made me a nice skirt and blouse for the 'do'. Fast forwarded to 2013, my dress size understandably changed from 6 (yes I was a sz 6) to 10 and there was no other option than to give out my much loved outfit to someone who is slimmer. Only hitch being that the scarf went into hiding at the time I gave it away only to resurface last week from its hiding place deep within the closet.

Superheroes R Us..

  Totally unrelated to superheroes but it's what we're watching as I type this So we love Spiderman...Superman...Hulk as much as we love Old Trafford. It's official. Because I belong to an all-boys clan and if you can't beat them.... *sigh*...

Life is a beach...really

So this year got off to a very good start for me with lots of motivation packed into my 'big' frame. Hoping and praying to sail through the same way I started...you know...crossed over to 2014 with lots of prayers for a good year, then had lots of good heavy food (really tempted to take pictures of my culinary exploits and share here...but no thanks...). Talking about food, I did something weird...a post for another day, if I ever get round to it. Then I left Hubby and the kids alternating between Disney Junior and CNN and just crashed on the bed for some well deserved rest.Oh sweet, blissful rest.