Skip to main content

Something I Made... and Loved


As much as I love sewing and crafting, I decided a while back not to waste my time making what I do not really need or what nobody around me needs because you see,  time is very precious and a tiny fraction lost or wasted could not be regained.  Ever.



And though I am not a 'bag person' if you know what I mean but when I stumbled upon this tutorial on www.elmstreetlife.com,  I knew I had to make that small bow clutch. So I went about gathering the neccessary materials,  keeping the tutorial right in view.  And in the process of making the Bow clutch,  I came up with another concept which is really the simplest thing I had ever made (very few,  anyway).

Since this very simple thing came into being,  I had put it to good use several times; to church,  events, shopping,  etc and received complements. Oh yes.  I totally love making stuffs I can wear or use anywhere and at anytime.

Introducing the Bow Clutch and the Envelope Clutch purses.

You may visit Elm Street Life and search the tutorials for the bow clutch how-to.

For the (one pattern piece) Envelope clutch,  I decided this morning to use the picture as my DP and I started getting responses from friends who wants one.  Nevertheless,  I will still share the tutorial here as I have it ready on my Tab which I lately use for blogging. The only hitch is the Tab doesn't work exactly like a computer system.  Been trying to manipulate and insert pictures where I want them but the device is intent on doing what it wishes,  which is inserting all the pictures at the tail end of the post. Nah,  not what I wanted.

So until I figure out how to properly do this,  I may have to wait until next week before putting the tutorial up using a laptop.

The beauty of these is that you can make them yourself provided you own a sewing machine and you are actually inspired to try and whatsmore, you can use absolutely any type of material or fabric.
For the Bow clutch,  skill level is intermediate (it requires inserting a zip which is really simple once you get them hang of it)

For the Envelope clutch,  skill level is basic or beginners. If I did it,  anyone can do it. Just one piece,  no zip.

Materials required.
Fabric of choice
Material for interior (linning)
Fusible interfacing
Zip (for the Bow clutch)
Press button (for the Envelope clutch)
Matching thread and needle
Sewing machine
Embellishments (optional)
Hot glue (optional)
Will share the tutorials hopefully next week so do check back.

If you have any question or comment,  send me an email on biolaleye@gmail.com.

Now out of the two,  pick your favorite.

Have a blessed week.

Peace.

Comments

  1. you are very talented -- keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real College Student of Atlanta, thanks for your kind comment,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Eya. Glad you visited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woaaaww. this is really cute. its beautiful. please when am I getting one as a give away? ^_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...thank you Priscy.

      Cost of getting it across to you may be more than the cost price of the purse o. But not to worry, will be glad to make one for you when I'm done with my current 'project'

      Delete
  5. Hi Abiola :) Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment - it was a delight to read. Your purse is beautiful! And I especially liked what you had to say about time being precious - words full of wisdom.

    I am now following your lovely blog and I look forward to visiting again!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Stephanie, it was a great pleasure stopping by earlier. And thanks for following too.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: 15mins Easy Peasy Wrap Skirt

6 years ago when hubby-to-be and I decided to take that bold leap, I went hunting for the right material to make a nice outfit for our *introduction program and soon made me a nice skirt and blouse for the 'do'. Fast forwarded to 2013, my dress size understandably changed from 6 (yes I was a sz 6) to 10 and there was no other option than to give out my much loved outfit to someone who is slimmer. Only hitch being that the scarf went into hiding at the time I gave it away only to resurface last week from its hiding place deep within the closet.

Superheroes R Us..

  Totally unrelated to superheroes but it's what we're watching as I type this So we love Spiderman...Superman...Hulk as much as we love Old Trafford. It's official. Because I belong to an all-boys clan and if you can't beat them.... *sigh*...

Life is a beach...really

So this year got off to a very good start for me with lots of motivation packed into my 'big' frame. Hoping and praying to sail through the same way I started...you know...crossed over to 2014 with lots of prayers for a good year, then had lots of good heavy food (really tempted to take pictures of my culinary exploits and share here...but no thanks...). Talking about food, I did something weird...a post for another day, if I ever get round to it. Then I left Hubby and the kids alternating between Disney Junior and CNN and just crashed on the bed for some well deserved rest.Oh sweet, blissful rest.