Skip to main content

A Message For The World...From Boston


Killed: Eight-year-old Martin Richard from Dorchester, Massachusetts was among the three people killed when two bombs detonated at the Boston Marathon on Monday



No more hurting people...Peace.

That was the poignant message from Martin Richard, one of the victims of the Boston bombing.
He was one of the four people who cruelly lost their lives when two bombs exploded at the finish line of the Boston Marathon on April 15. More than 200 were wounded including his sister and mother, some fatally

It's very natural to get a deep feel of this tragedy just by looking at Martin's face, his sweet gap-toothed smile.

He is a symbol of everything good and pure about America, the very opposite of the evil perpetrators of this act.

Even though he had been laid to rest in a private funeral two days ago, his face and message of peace will forever remain indelible in my heart, just like the picture of that blood-splattered young man who had both legs blown off being wheeled away from the scene, his face ashen.
 
It is my hope that every perpetrator of evil would remember this little face and message everytime they are on the verge of dreaming up more destruction.
 
The dead are at peace now, free from troubles and sorrow.
 
May they continue to RIP
May the wounded find healing.
May the tramatized find peace.
May every twisted heart find redemption.
And may there be an end to tragedy and destruction in our society.

NO MORE HURTING PEOPLE.....PEACE.

Have a great weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: 15mins Easy Peasy Wrap Skirt

6 years ago when hubby-to-be and I decided to take that bold leap, I went hunting for the right material to make a nice outfit for our *introduction program and soon made me a nice skirt and blouse for the 'do'. Fast forwarded to 2013, my dress size understandably changed from 6 (yes I was a sz 6) to 10 and there was no other option than to give out my much loved outfit to someone who is slimmer. Only hitch being that the scarf went into hiding at the time I gave it away only to resurface last week from its hiding place deep within the closet.

Superheroes R Us..

  Totally unrelated to superheroes but it's what we're watching as I type this So we love Spiderman...Superman...Hulk as much as we love Old Trafford. It's official. Because I belong to an all-boys clan and if you can't beat them.... *sigh*...

Life is a beach...really

So this year got off to a very good start for me with lots of motivation packed into my 'big' frame. Hoping and praying to sail through the same way I started...you know...crossed over to 2014 with lots of prayers for a good year, then had lots of good heavy food (really tempted to take pictures of my culinary exploits and share here...but no thanks...). Talking about food, I did something weird...a post for another day, if I ever get round to it. Then I left Hubby and the kids alternating between Disney Junior and CNN and just crashed on the bed for some well deserved rest.Oh sweet, blissful rest.