Skip to main content

World's Fattest Man in His Biggest Fight...for Life


0
The world’s fattest man has started dieting after doctors told him he wouldn’t live to turn 50 unless he did something to lose weight from his massive 368kg.
Keith Martin, 42, hasn’t left his house for 10 years and his girth, at 1.8m, is more than his height, 1.75m.
Mr Martin told Britain’s Daily Mail newspaper that finding out he was the fattest man on Earth was the catalyst for him attempting to lose weight.
But he has a long way to go to change his diet and his size.
When Mr Martin was at his worst he was eating up to 20,000 calories a day, comprising an array of fat and sugar-laden foods and treats.
The food included a packet of bacon, six sausages, six eggs and toast and beans for breakfast, the Daily Mail reported.
Lunch was all that and more and then there was the pizzas, kebabs and curries for dinner.
And the eating didn’t stop there. It included chocolate, biscuits, fizzy drinks and coffee with lots of sugar.
Now, Mr Martin is trying to restrict himself to 1500 calories a day – and says he’s lost 10cm.
“Finding out that I’m the fattest man in the world has been the wake-up call I needed. I don’t blame anyone other than myself for this horrible situation,” he told the Daily Mail.
“Doctors have told me I won’t reach 50 unless I do something drastic. I need to lose half my weight before they’ll give me a gastric band.
“I’d love to be as slim as I was in my youth, but what I really want is simply to sit comfortably in a normal-sized chair. I am determined to get this weight off.”
Mr Martin last left his house on September 11, 2001.
He said his life changed after his mother died and he started eating big amounts every time he was upset. Before he knew it his eating and his weight were out of control.
“I didn’t think there was anything I could do. My self esteem was so low – it always has been that I just didn’t care about myself,” he said.
“I just want to be happy, without needing food to make me happy. I want to be able to take my border collie Cheyanne for a walk – I’d take her wherever she wanted to go

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superheroes R Us..

  Totally unrelated to superheroes but it's what we're watching as I type this So we love Spiderman...Superman...Hulk as much as we love Old Trafford. It's official. Because I belong to an all-boys clan and if you can't beat them.... *sigh*...

DIY: 15mins Easy Peasy Wrap Skirt

6 years ago when hubby-to-be and I decided to take that bold leap, I went hunting for the right material to make a nice outfit for our *introduction program and soon made me a nice skirt and blouse for the 'do'. Fast forwarded to 2013, my dress size understandably changed from 6 (yes I was a sz 6) to 10 and there was no other option than to give out my much loved outfit to someone who is slimmer. Only hitch being that the scarf went into hiding at the time I gave it away only to resurface last week from its hiding place deep within the closet.

Life is a beach...really

So this year got off to a very good start for me with lots of motivation packed into my 'big' frame. Hoping and praying to sail through the same way I started...you know...crossed over to 2014 with lots of prayers for a good year, then had lots of good heavy food (really tempted to take pictures of my culinary exploits and share here...but no thanks...). Talking about food, I did something weird...a post for another day, if I ever get round to it. Then I left Hubby and the kids alternating between Disney Junior and CNN and just crashed on the bed for some well deserved rest.Oh sweet, blissful rest.